Geography of Grace

Geography of Grace

Monday, December 15, 2014

heading home for Christmas.


It's my last night living with this wonderful family, and I can't express how thankful I am for them! These past few months have been a whrilwind, a whole lot of change in a short amount of time. I've had a lot of ups and downs, and I've certainly had days (even weeks!) that I really just wanted to go back to Athens, back to my family, but, overall, I have absolutely loved it. And this family right here has been a huge part of that...these people have loved me so well: they've made me part of their family, welcomed me with open arms and unlimited love, and I've been so blessed by them.

Tomorrow, I head back to the US of A, and while I'm so excited to see my family and friends (and eat lots and lots of chicken salad and real cheese), I'm so sad to leave this family. When I return after Young Life training in January, I'll be living on the other side of the city (about 30-45 min. away, not including traffic), in an apartment with a new roommate named Kelsey, who works full time at a local church. I moved my things over to the apartment yesterday, and, again, while I'm excited to have my own space and cook my own food (mas o menos) and start a new chapter of life doing full-time ministry, it's hard to leave Costa Rica knowing that I won't be coming back to this house, to this neighborhood and to these people whom I have grown to know and love so deeply.

However, I am SO grateful to know that I have a family here, a group of people who love and care for me, who will be there for me whenever I need them, who will share life with me, who will stick with me through the ups and the downs and the culture shock and the language learning, and who will love me throughout my time in Costa Rica, however long that may be. These people are an extraordinary blessing and a sweet answer to prayer, and I can't imagine Costa Rica without them!

Los amo, y los voy a extranar muchisimo!

Thank you for your prayers for community, comfort, and love; the Lord has blessed me beyond belief.

No comments:

Post a Comment